[KyOSS Discuss] Question about working with GIT from several locations

Chris Rockwell chris at chrisrockwell.com
Mon Dec 17 15:14:14 EST 2012

I'm considering using git to manage my 9-5 sites.  I am thinking that the
production server should be set up as the main repo, and then I would need
to clone to 3 different places: office, main testing server, home.

However, my main question is: if I am working on a branch at my office that
isn't quite ready, do I login to production, fetch (without merging) from
my office, and then do a pull from home to get a copy of the branch? Or can
I fetch between clones?

--
Chris Rockwell