[KyOSS Discuss] Question about working with GIT from several locations

Jeff Squyres jeff at squyres.com
Mon Dec 17 15:52:01 EST 2012

I would not setup your production as the main hub, if possible.  If you've
got another 24/7 kind of server around, you should use that are your main
git hub.

Then you can push/pull to that main git hub from any of your sites without
affecting (potentially) production.

But yes, you can push between clones, too.  Hub-n-spokes is the easiest
topology to think about, but git is really more like a mesh -- any repo and
push/pull to any other related repo.

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Chris Rockwell <chris at chrisrockwell.com>wrote:

> I'm considering using git to manage my 9-5 sites.  I am thinking that the
> production server should be set up as the main repo, and then I would need
> to clone to 3 different places: office, main testing server, home.
>
> However, my main question is: if I am working on a branch at my office
> that isn't quite ready, do I login to production, fetch (without merging)
> from my office, and then do a pull from home to get a copy of the branch?
> Or can I fetch between clones?
>
> --
> Chris Rockwell

{+} Jeff Squyres