[KyOSS Discuss] The Architecture of Open Source Applications, volumes 1 and 2

Jeff Squyres jeff at squyres.com
Tue May 8 14:44:49 EDT 2012

Want to learn how successful, well-known open source applications are
designed?  Volumes 1 and 2 of "The Architecture of Open Source
Applications" are what you should read.

   - Volume 1<http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/the-architecture-of-open-source-applications/15663458>
   - Volume 2<http://www.lulu.com/shop/amy-brown-and-greg-wilson/the-architecture-of-open-source-applications-volume-ii/paperback/product-20111008.html>

I wrote a chapter in volume 2, which just became available in dead tree
form today.  Here's a blog post briefly describing it:

http://blogs.cisco.com/performance/the-architecture-of-open-source-applications-volume-ii/

Yes, this is a shameful promotion of a book that I'm involved with, but
note that *all royalties from this book go to Amnesty International*.  I
don't get a penny.  It's both for a good cause and good educational
material for all of you.  :-)

...plus, all the content from volume 1 is freely available on aosabook.org.
 I'm told that the content from volume 2 will be freely available in a week
or so.

Enjoy!

--
{+} Jeff Squyres