[KyOSS Discuss] Tonight's meeting: Favorite OSS packages, Zorin, pizza

John Hicks johnhicks at kyoss.org
Wed Sep 12 12:54:02 EDT 2012

Our regular KyOSS meeting is 6:30 p.m. tonight (Wed/ 9/12) at LVL1
Hackerspace (814-Rear East Broadway).

We had a lot of discussion this month about program topics without
coalescing on any, but hopefully that means we're all up for a good
general discussion. So let's default to Jeff's original suggestion:

     Here's an idea for next month: have multiple people give "top 5"
    lists
    for their favorite OSS packages, and describe why each one is on their
    list.

     Note, too, that "favorite" can be defined many different ways:

       - Use it all the time
       - Find it genuinely useful / fun / totally frivolous
       - The whole world runs on this package
       - ...etc.

    The more people that give their top 5 list, the better.  OSS is about
    plurality and different opinions, so let's bask in that.  :-)

In addition, Ben will do one of his Linux distribution reviews on the
Zorin OS <http://zorin-os.com/>.

    Zorin OS is a multi-functional operating system designed
    specifically for Windows users who want to have easy and smooth
    access to Linux. It is based on Ubuntu which is the most popular
    Linux operating system in the world.

Plus, we'll have pizza and great company!

See you tonight!

John