[KyOSS Discuss] Suggested discussion topic: IPv4 address exhaustion and IPv6 adoption

Alex Hagerman alex.hagerman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 13:30:59 EDT 2012

A quick question thinking about this. How are programs being prepared or
are they prepared? I can look into this later, but it just popped into my
mind that I have MySQL databases with users setup with permissions based on
Host. Right now all of these are IPv4. If I was to enter an IPv6 address
would MySQL be prepared to handle that comparison?

Alex