[KyOSS Discuss] Favorite Raspberry Pi case?

Adrian Crenshaw irongeek at irongeek.com
Thu Jul 18 13:24:03 EDT 2013

I've got one of these in black:
http://www.newark.com/multicomp/mc-rp001-wht/enclosure-raspberry-pi-white/dp/07W8932
works ok.

I also got one of those ones that are cut from a sheet:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Case-for-Raspberry-Pi-Computer-model-b-with-logo-High-Quality-Case-/321125196300
?
Pain in the ass to get the paper off that keeps it from scratching while
shipping and a tab on mine broke while I was putting it together.

Adrian

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 1:03 PM, Bill Engebretson
<phil0laconian at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello again.  I bought the $10 model,
> http://www.adafruit.com/products/1326, but they also make a $15 model.  I
> thought I would buy the cheap one to see if it were adequate, and it seems
> to be.  Bill
>

> On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 11:32 AM, Samuel Ward <sdward at eands.com> wrote:
>
>> Jeff,
>>
>> I am using this Adafruit case (http://www.adafruit.com/products/859).
>> Would not recommend it. Expensive at $15 and kind of flimsy. Adafruit has
>> another case (http://www.adafruit.com/products/1326) that appears to be
>> of better quality and is also less expensive at $10. Another vendor you
>> might want to investigate is Sparkfun. They have a couple of inexpensive
>> cases that look promising.
>>
>> Sam Ward
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 11:07 AM, Jeff Squyres <jeff at squyres.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Do you have a URL reference for the model you bought, perchance?

>>> --
>>> {+} Jeff Squyres

"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." ~ W. Somerset
Maugham
"The ability to Google can be a serviceable substitute for technical
knowledge." ~ Adrian D. Crenshaw