[KyOSS Discuss] Need help with permissions on, <gasp>windows</gasp>

Aaron J. Angel thatoneguy at aaronjangel.us
Fri Jul 19 17:15:13 EDT 2013

It's been a while since I've run Apache in Windows, but since you
mentioned Cygwin:
http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/vim-and-file-permissions-on-Windows-7-td61390.html

Make sure the sites/default/files folder had the correct ACLs /
permissions.  Assuming Apache is compiled natively (run outside Cygwin),
I don't think Cygwin's output really matters.  In either case, check the
user that is running the Apache process and make sure appropriate ACLs /
permissions are set for that user.

As a side note:  Personally, I'd have a proper VirtualBox image to run
this, assuming the machine can handle it.  (-: