[KyOSS Discuss] What's your flavor?

Jeff Squyres jeff at squyres.com
Sun Jul 21 16:51:54 EDT 2013

I should add that I use an OS X laptop (as do many/most of my developer
colleagues).  We like that there is a real POSIX OS under the covers, able
to do development kinds of things.  We do this because a) we can't stand
the development environment in Windows, and b) don't want to muck with
Linux on a laptop to get/keep it working (i.e., all things being equal, at
the risk of starting a religious flame war, OS X "just works" much more
than Linux on most laptops).

So we do desktop-ish kinds of things on OS X and 90+% of our development
work on RHEL servers.

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 4:12 PM, James Troy <jetroy2 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I dual boot Ubuntu 12.? (classic desktop) and Windows 7 or XP
> and dual boot Webos or CM9 on my HP Touchpad
>
> I have a VPS with Ubuntu 12.04 that I use to experiment with
> node.  I tried to run Meteor and the leaderboard example on my
> VPS but ran into a problem

{+} Jeff Squyres