[KyOSS Discuss] Head crash... fatal?

Aaron VerDow aaron at verdow.com
Wed May 1 18:50:06 EDT 2013

To me it seems good that you're getting an ext3 file system error and not
an I/O error so it may just be some simple file system corruption.  I would
still go with ddrescue first.  Duplicate the drive to an .img then make a
copy of the img to try and recover the filesystem on.  That way you only
have to read from the drive once and if you mess up playing with the file
system you can just recopy the .img