[KyOSS Discuss] Possible subject for next meeting: Using Makerbots?

JGZinv jgzinv at gmail.com
Wed May 8 22:58:05 EDT 2013

I can pretty much cover a lot of this by e-mail, since I don't appear to be
able to make
meetings, also a Google group was started for the local area regarding 3D
printing.

http://groups.google.com/group/kyin3dprinters

In (very) short.

1. ReplicatorG, Kisslicer, Slc3r.
2. Thingiverse is popular for ready made things.
3. You need to learn to model, there are various routes. Autodesk 123D or
Google Sketchup would be good free entry level methods.
4. There are Pros and Cons to building your own. Depends very much on what
you want to be able to make, patience, time, etc.
Picking a design of printer or kit is a significant decision.

~Randall