[KyOSS Discuss] Idea for a meeting format

Barton Chittenden bartonski at gmail.com
Tue May 28 12:24:05 EDT 2013

I happened to look at an event held by the VimCLE meetup (Cleveland VIM
user group). They did something that they called Vimswap:

Bring your laptops: This month, I'd like to try an experiment to get the
knowledge transfer going. We'll break up and spend 20 minutes pairing on a
real-world-eque editing task, five minutes hearing from the pairs on what
was learned, five minute break, and repeat. Please comment on meetup if
you'd like to suggest editing tasks, otherwise we'll choose VimGolf tasks.

http://www.meetup.com/VimCLE/events/47804852/

I think that this would be a really interesting way to mix things up at
KYOSS. I don't know exactly which topic that we would use... to a certain
extent, that's a challenge with KYOSS... we might consider trying two or
three tasks rather than one, just so that we have enough diversity to cover
everyone's interests and current abilities.

Anyway, I'm just throwing this out there for comment.

--Barton