[KyOSS Discuss] Idea for a meeting format - Code retreat

John Hicks johnhicks at gulfbridge.net
Tue May 28 13:40:50 EDT 2013

Eric Lathrop led a "Code Retreat" last December that did something like
what you describe, Barton. We paired up, were all given the same task to
code, each pair coded it with the language of our choice, and then we
all compared our solutions. After that we changed partners and repeated
the process with a new task (building on the last task). Etc. This was
my first introduction to test-driven development. It definitely got me
out of my comfort zone (which is what us old codgers need to be doing)
and got the (coding) juices flowing.

For a better description (including video), see:
http://kyoss.org/Event/1739

John