[KyOSS Discuss] Git commit email script?

alan blount alan at zeroasterisk.com
Wed May 29 10:17:46 EDT 2013

None - we get too many emails :)  Actually internally we are usually
collaborating too much to worry about email notifications.

Git tags are awkward... they feel like they don't really count in Git, it's
a PAIN to get timestamp information for tags, it's like they don't really
count as an actual commit (since there's no diff/change I suppose).  Still,
they are wildly useful for larger projects, or any release schedule.

I assume you are starting with some variant of this:
https://github.com/git/git/blob/master/contrib/hooks/post-receive-email

yes?

Also, here's a post about specifically finding out if there is a new tag:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5809910/how-do-i-react-to-new-tags-in-git-hooks

happy emailing