[KyOSS Discuss] Git commit email script?

Jeff Squyres jeff at squyres.com
Wed May 29 11:00:49 EDT 2013

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 10:17 AM, alan blount <alan at zeroasterisk.com> wrote:

> None - we get too many emails :)  Actually internally we are usually
> collaborating too much to worry about email notifications.
>
> Git tags are awkward... they feel like they don't really count in Git,
> it's a PAIN to get timestamp information for tags, it's like they don't
> really count as an actual commit (since there's no diff/change I suppose).
>  Still, they are wildly useful for larger projects, or any release schedule.

Ya, we use them for releases and official builds.

> I assume you are starting with some variant of this:
> https://github.com/git/git/blob/master/contrib/hooks/post-receive-email

I used Alexandre Julliard's post receive script (which a few quick google
searches is not finding for me at the moment).  Perhaps it wasn't the best
one.

I was just wondering if others have git-post-receive-send-email scripts
that they prefer.  I'll check out the one you suggested above; thanks.

--
{+} Jeff Squyres