[KyOSS Discuss] KyOSS meeting this Wednesday. Suggested topics?

Jeff Squyres jeff at squyres.com
Mon Nov 11 10:39:44 EST 2013

I gave a talk at Lawrence Berkeley Labs last week with a
super-deep-technical-dive into the operating systems bypass work that we
recently released into open source (i.e., how the driver and userspace
middleware interact with our Cisco NIC hardware, etc.).

Would that be of interest, or would it be too deep/too technical?  (i.e.,
this might be a bit below the typical "open source enthusiast" interest
level)

I'd basically be re-using some subset of slides 11-41 from
http://blogs.cisco.com/performance/lbl-nov-2013-cisco-usnic-and-open-mpi/

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 7:02 AM, Ben Hibben <the.blenster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Feel free to announce the LVL1 open Thanksgiving at KYOSS and invite
> everyone.  I'm not sure if I'll get to be at this KYOSS meeting myself or
> not yet.
>
> Blenster
>

> On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 9:27 AM, Deven Phillips <deven.phillips at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Sounds like Barton could also give us a good demonstration of named pipes
>> in Bash... I would love to see that in action!
>>

>> On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Barton Chittenden <bartonski at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> +1 for open nms

{+} Jeff Squyres