[KyOSS Discuss] [JUGGL] November Meeting - The Night Before Thanksgiving (Nov 27th @7PM)

Michael Speer knomenet at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 18:28:59 EST 2013

I saw this language pop up on the python mailing list earlier this week (
and still receiving the odd reply ). I can see the reasons for the
developers to want to work on a new language, it's fun.

But why is Red Hat pushing the language?

Here's a nice thread I found looking to compare it with Scala ( though old,
I see nothing indicating the opinions are out of date excepting complaints
of existence ):

http://programmers.stackexchange.com/questions/117561/whats-the-difference-between-scala-and-red-hats-ceylon-language

And here is a more recent ( from last year ) usenet thread where the author
( Gavin King ) is comparing his creation with Scala:
  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/ceylon-users/LvBH5xSJnKc

Looks like it could be an interesting presentation.