[KyOSS Discuss] Announcing Scala.js v0.1 - code in Scala and run in Scala and JavaScript

Deven Phillips deven.phillips at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 18:47:01 EST 2013

*Announcing Scala.js v0.1*
http://feedly.com/k/1fQmwVW

We’re excited to announce the first release of
Scala.js<http://www.scala-js.org/>,
v0.1! Scala.js was introduced during the 4th Scala Days in June 2013, and
has now reached relative stability. While we don’t yet feel that Scala.js
is production-ready, we think that it nonetheless deserves its first
non-snapshot release.

Scala.js is a compiler from Scala to JavaScript. It allows you to write
your entire web application in Scala and simply compile to JavaScript!

*Get started!*

All information on how to get started with Scala.js is available on the
Website <http://www.scala-js.org/>. Documentation, a mailing list,
third-party libraries and tools, are all available.

*Outstanding features*

Support all of Scala (including macros!), modulo a few semantic
differences<http://www.scala-js.org/doc/semantics.html>Very
good interoperability with JavaScript
code<http://www.scala-js.org/doc/js-interoperability.html>.
For example, use jQuery and HTML5 from your Scala.js code, either in a
typed or untyped way. Or create Scala.js objects and call their methods
from JavaScript.Integrated with sbt <http://www.scala-sbt.org/> (including
support for dependency management and incremental compilation)Can be used
with your favorite IDE for ScalaGenerates Source
Maps<http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/developertools/sourcemaps/>for
a smooth debugging experience (step through your Scala code from
within
your browser supporting source maps)Integrates Google Closure
Compiler<https://developers.google.com/closure/compiler/>for producing
minimal code for production.

*Known issues*

You may consult (and report) issues on