[KyOSS Discuss] JSLOU meets tonight at Quill's (and KyOSS meets next week!)

alan blount alan at zeroasterisk.com
Thu Oct 3 10:08:01 EDT 2013

Deven did a great workshop on Puppet (normal operations, with a master) at
MOSSCon.  Everyone setup EC2 instances and walked through setup commands --
inevitably it got convoluted and he didn't get as far as he wanted through
the workshop, but even as a (novice) puppet user I found it very
interesting.

We have ~80% of our server setup and config managed via puppet and hope to
end up at 99% within a few months... It's taken setting up developer
machines from ~1 wk of 2 people to ~2 hr of 1 person. (nginx, php-fpm,
nodejs, mysql, firewall, +misc utilities)

Thanks,
-alan