[KyOSS Discuss] Wednesday's meeting: Test-Driven Devlopment (TDD) and other wonders

John Hicks johnhicks at gulfbridge.net
Tue Oct 8 16:55:54 EDT 2013

Sounds like there's interest and willing presenters, so let's talk about
TDD!

That's tomorrow night (Wednesday, October 9) at 6:30 at LVL1, 814 East
Broadway, rear entrance, park in the lot to the rear of the rear entrance.

To put yourself in the mood, your homework is to do at least the first
problem at "You can't program Javascript under pressure
<http://toys.usvsth3m.com/javascript-under-pressure/>" and to notice how
it verifies the correctness, or lack thereof, of your answer, running
through a series of tests.

(I know both Charles and Alan are PHP developers like I am. I'm curious
to see how TDD is done in PHP, where there are often side effects to
functions beyond what's returned from the function call.)

We'll have time to talk about other things too. Any other subjects you
all want to talk about?

John