[KyOSS Discuss] VIM and CTRL-P

Christopher Simmons chrissimmons2 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 16:26:42 EDT 2013

I'd really like to see a few Linux related workshops spin-off from the
monthly meetings.  A few years back I attended a C programming work shop
that was like 3 hours ong on a Saturday morning.  For a non-developer that
workshop was full of useful information.  It was pretty basic but still
provided a lot of good information which came in very handy during some C#
classes that I took a short time later.

A couple of ideas that I have had lately include:
    Linux+ / LPIC Certifications
    LAMP Management (as discussed in a previous email)
    Web Programming (Basic to Intermediate)
    Basic Networking (Network+ Certification)
    Ethical Hacking / Penetration Testing

I'm fairly certain that I could provide a venue for some of these if people
are interested and the LVL1 space is not available.

Some of the topics above would probably need to be broken down into
multiple sessions but I feel like these are all really useful topics for
many folks trying to get a grasp on the Linux World.  Other topics are
welcome as well!

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Barton Chittenden <bartonski at gmail.com>wrote:

> I did a 15 minute overview a few months ago; I think that we should
> probably do something more in depth at some point.
>

> On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 3:39 PM, Christopher Simmons <
> chrissimmons2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've been out of the loop for a while with this group, have there been
>> any in depth VIM discussions/workshops lately?
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Barton Chittenden <bartonski at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Cool. Thanks.

>> --
>>  Thanks,