[KyOSS Discuss] Unit Testing / TDD Resources

Wes Sheldahl wes.sheldahl at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 07:31:29 EDT 2013

I have to say I strongly disagree with the idea that you should only test
your own code. The rails framework and other libraries change their apis
between versions, sometimes in quiet and subtle ways. They change their
tests at the same time. Rails' tests will not tell you that they removed a
method between versions.

If you happen to be DHH, you would know that anyway. If not, having tests
that also cover the parts of your libraries and frameworks that you rely on
might be worth the cost of slower tests.