[KyOSS Discuss] Meeting Wednesday at new venue: Click IT Staffing

Deven Phillips deven.phillips at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 21:08:01 EDT 2014

Hi all!

Sorry I have been absent so much lately, but new house/job/etc...

I'm willing to put together some information about the following topics if
there is interest among the group:

MoreUnit - http://moreunit.sourceforge.net/
An Eclipse plugin for helping to generate unit tests for Java code

Vert.x - http://vertx.io/
A Reactive development platform which allows for polyglot (multiple
language) application development (An alternative to Node.js)

Eclipse - http://eclipse.org/
A quick guide to building your own custom Eclipse distribution with
features like real-time collaboration over the Internet (Saros), test
coverage analysis (Emma), and Gradle build support.

Google Guice - https://code.google.com/p/google-guice/
Tools and libraries for implementing Inversion of Control (IoC), Dependency
Injection (DI), and Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP) design patterns.

These are some of the tools I use every day at work developing enterprise
server applications supporting millions of virtual machines, thousands of
virtual datacenters, hundreds of clusters, tens of co-location facilities,
and over 10,000 customers.

I could also talk about:

Agile Software Development Practices - Why you should be doing more than
paying them lip service.
Story Writing For Projects - Keep is simple smarty!
Scrum/Kanban/XP/etc... - Agile development methodologies in depth

We could also just have an open discussion about anything and everything!

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Cheers,

Deven