[KyOSS Discuss] Meeting Wednesday at new venue: Click IT Staffing

Deven Phillips deven.phillips at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 23:19:17 EDT 2014

Well,

    As Wes and I had discussed on the drive to/from Cincy; design patterns
are an under-taught concept... I am not sure if any and all of the design
patterns can work outside of compiled languages, but some of them can...
For example, there is a framework called Flow3 for PHP which implements
Dependency Injection and Aspect Oriented Programming capabilities. There
are a number of DI and AOP implementations for Java and C++. With C, it can
be implemented, but it is kinda a moot point because of . . . pointers....
:P

    There are MANY design patterns which some consider best practices and
some consider the worst heresy... Things like the Builder pattern are
controversial, but Factory patterns are pretty universally accepted. Here's
a list of some common design patterns:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_design_pattern#Classification_and_list

Cheers,

Deven