[KyOSS Discuss] Meeting Wednesday at new venue: Click IT Staffing

Deven Phillips deven.phillips at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 12:41:40 EDT 2014

OK, how about some Development Guidelines... Some items we might want to
decide on for code we accept into the project....

Build system: Make, Gradle, Maven, Gulp, NPM, Grunt, Ant, Ivy????
Target Environment: Linux, BSD, Windows, Multi-platform???
Packaging: RPM, DEB, Tarball, Jar, exe???
Debugging Methods: IDE (Eclipse/IntelliJ), GDB, Emacs, VisualVM, Valgrind???
Syntax Checking: lint, coffeelint, erl_tidy, jslint, PMD, FindBugs???
Unit Testing/Code Coverage: jsunit, TestNG, mocha, Mockito, Cobertura,
Jasmine???
Style Preferences: Curly braces on the first line or new line? 2/4/tab
space indent???

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 12:31 PM, <ryanstortz at electrifiedpulse.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>> just sayin' :)
>>>
>>> Before meeting:
>>> * build repo & send link (deven)
>>> * basic roadmap/features on github wiki (all)
>>>
>>> Feature Boilerplate (draft):
>>>
>>> * OAuth shared auth
>>>
>>> * monthly allotment of votes
>>> * topic management
>>> ** name, description, presenters, resource_links
>>> ** any authenticated user can add topics
>>>
>>> ** any authenticated user can edit/delete own topics
>>> ** any mod. can edit/delete any topics
>>> ** any authenticated user can upvote on topics
>>> ** any authenticated user can comment on topics
>>> * meeting management
>>>
>>> ** name, date, location, description
>>> ** topics (possible)
>>> ** topics (presented)
>>>
>>> *** comments/feedback/resources
>>>
>>> Bullet points/goals:
>>> * agile
>>> * git collab/workflows
>>> * pair programming
>>> * technology stacks (Vert.x & AngularJS, Bootstrap3)
>>>
>>> Possible future Extensions on this same project:
>>> * rebuild in Meteor (challenge mode)
>>> * wrap in Cordova/PhoneGap so it's a mobile app
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> -alan
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 11:18 AM, Deven Phillips
>>> <deven.phillips at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> OK, anyone interested in getting in on this, send over your GitHub
>>> username and I will add you to the organization...
>>>
>>> Deven
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 11:04 AM, Chris Rockwell
>>> <chris at chrisrockwell.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Not that I'm aware of, or that I can turn up.
>>>
>>> Chris Rockwell
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 10:59 AM, Deven Phillips
>>> <deven.phillips at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Does KYOSS have an "Organization" on GitHub yet? If not, I can
>>> create one and add all interested parties to the group. Then, we can
>>> create a new repo and start creating issues/feature requests.
>>>
>>> Deven
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 10:49 AM, Chris Rockwell
>>> <chris at chrisrockwell.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Sounds like a great idea Deven - I know I'd learn a lot!
>>>
>>> Chris Rockwell
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 10:44 AM, Deven Phillips
>>> <deven.phillips at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Edit, Tomorrow
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 10:44 AM, Deven Phillips
>>> <deven.phillips at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Oh, hell yeah!! That's the PERFECT topic for tonight!!! Let's all
>>> work together to BUILD AN APP!!! We can all work on a project using
>>> agile methods, pair programming, git, etc...!!!!
>>>
>>> PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 10:43 AM, Deven Phillips
>>> <deven.phillips at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Ooohh... I see a webapp coming on!!! The KYOSS topic voting app with
>>> a Vert.x backend and an Angular.js frontend... Anyone with me?
>>>
>>> Deven
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 10:20 AM, Chris Rockwell
>>> <chris at chrisrockwell.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I like the voting, Alan. This is how I'd vote:

>>> 3 votes - Devops Slides
>>> 1 votes - Agile discussion
>>> 3 votes - Design/Development Patterns
>>>
>>> Chris Rockwell
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 10:14 AM, alan blount <alan at zeroasterisk.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Assuming I had 10 votes to spend, I'd spend them on the following
>>> topics (in order of mention on this thread):
>>>
>>> 2 votes - Performance demo talk
>>> 3 votes - Vert.x
>>> 3 votes - Agile discussion