[KyOSS Discuss] Meeting Wednesday at new venue: Click IT Staffing

Randy Syring randy at thesyrings.us
Tue Jul 8 12:51:32 EDT 2014

I agree that self-documenting code is really imortant.

However, higher-level comments can be very helpful so that devs who
follow you don't have to read every line of code to understand.  For
example, if you have a function, describing what the function takes as
input, what it does, and what it will give in return is really helpful
for someone who may want to use the function but doesn't want to read
all the code to figure out how it works.

I just read an article about this not too long ago, wish I could figure
out where it was.

*Randy Syring*
Husband | Father | Redeemed Sinner

/"For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world
and forfeit his soul?" (Mark 8:36 ESV)/