[KyOSS Discuss] A Comment About Becoming Better Team Members And Open Source Practitioners

Deven Phillips deven.phillips at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 13:18:46 EDT 2014

I'm very excited about where our current conversations are going and I
think that participating in a team development project will not only
enhance the KYOSS organization, but make us all better Open Source
contributors as well as better teammates for our day jobs.

As a person who loves technology, every once in a while you embark on a
project that get's your heart racing and demands your attention, and the
kyoss-topic-manager discussion is definitely doing that for me... I'm
having a hard time concentrating on my REAL job right now because I want to
dig in and start working on our team project... I hope others feel the
same...

I look forward to collaborating with each and every one of you, and I hope
that you all consider helping with this project... Even if you are not a
programmer, we could use your help testing, translating, debugging,
generating ideas, providing feedback, etc....

Also, for those of you looking to learn more about development, this is a
PERFECT opportunity to get in at the ground floor and learn... I will
endeavor to be patient with EVERYONE who wants to contribute to our group
project...

Finally, I hope that this is just the first of MANY group projects we all
end up working on together. Someday, this project will be complete and in
full-on maintenance mode. Then, we will need a new project and new ideas
and new people contributing. As we build these tools, they can help our
fellow open source enthusiasts!

Geez... I can't even sit still right now! Looking forward to the meeting
tomorrow!!!

Deven