[KyOSS Discuss] Just discovered vagrant, puppet, and puphpet

Chris Rockwell chris at chrisrockwell.com
Mon Jun 2 16:00:09 EDT 2014

I believe I've heard them mentioned at meetings before, but I just came
across them today out of frustration with trying to develop on this windows
machine.  I've so far spun up 2 ubuntu instances.

This article on sitepoint got me started:
http://www.sitepoint.com/build-virtual-machines-easily-puphpet/

Vagrant: http://www.vagrantup.com/
Puppet: http://puppetlabs.com/puppet/puppet-open-source
PuPHPet: https://puphpet.com/

What a beautiful way to have developers working in the exact same
environment!

I would love to hear more about them, and would offer myself as a guinea
pig for the new formats being discussed (co-talk, if you will) if there was
someone with maybe a bit more experience than I.

Chris Rockwell