[KyOSS Discuss] zsh: best of bash, csh, and tcsh

alan blount alan at zeroasterisk.com
Thu Jun 12 23:12:52 EDT 2014

I'm a big fan of `zsh` and `zprezto` (I used to use `oh-my-zsh` before).

ref card: http://www.bash2zsh.com/zsh_refcard/refcard.pdf

@aaron - I actually love zsh completions, personally, but they are easy to
turn off or re-configure as you like...  can you give them a chance?  what
is it you don't like about them?  they are crazy powerful and allow you to
be lazier and more mistake prone and zsh tries to fix things up... it does
a pretty good job too, in my opinion.  don't like the big menu? arrows
navigate, or more [tabs] or to get rid of it, just [esc]...

if you're using zprezto, checkout:
https://github.com/sorin-ionescu/prezto/tree/master/modules/utility
and: https://github.com/sorin-ionescu/prezto/search?q=complete&type=Code

@jeff - you should submit to: https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh-completions

Aside:for a long time I used the abbreviated path prompt (with the ">>>"),
but I've switched to a 2-line and space prompt... I always hated them at
first, but I've come to like it (for now, we will see if it lasts longer
than the 4 months
<https://github.com/zeroasterisk/home/blame/master/.zpreztorc#L86> it's
been).
[image: Inline image 1]