[KyOSS Discuss] DerbyPy: A Louisville Python Meetup

Eric Lathrop eric at ericlathrop.com
Mon Jun 16 14:42:02 EDT 2014

Conrad,

Just because a meetup isn't specifically about Python, doesn't mean
there's no overlap with Python developers. KYOSS and OpenHack are not
technology specific, so they're applicable to Python people. Everyone
needs to know Javascript, so JSLou is applicable to Python people. The
social meetups "Build Guild" and "IT Happy Hour" are good for networking
and thus applicable to Python people. Just be conscious of what groups
you're conflicting with, and what choices you're giving people. Not
everyone is a single-technology developer.

As far as I can tell, Thursdays have the Ruby meetup and .NET meetup, so
they probably have the least overlap for Pythonistas.

 -Eric