[KyOSS Discuss] Wednesday's program at KyOSS - discuss

John Hicks johnhicks at gulfbridge.net
Mon Mar 9 22:11:42 EDT 2015

So, let's be discussing online what we can be talking about at our
meeting on Wednesday!

(6:30 p.m. at TEK Systems, 700 N. Hurstbourne Pkwy.)

Have you been delving into something interesting lately that you'd like
to share with us? We like to have open discussion, but more formal
presentations are welcome too. Please share your topics of interest and
feel free to present if you like.

So far, we've had two offers to do presentations:

  *

    John Murray will tell us about actor-based systems
    <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actor_model> for concurrent computing

  *

    Craig Clemons will tell us about the Brackets
    <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brackets_%28text_editor%29>
    Javascript-based Web-development editor

And Deven Phillips gave us a great list of topics we can discuss in his
post:

     > Java
     > NodeJS
     > Docker
     > Virtualization
     > ReST
     > NoSQL
     > Linux
     > Make
     > Git
     > Scripting

Whatcha been up to lately? What's on your minds?

- John