[KyOSS Discuss] Possible topics for next week's KyOSS meeting ...

John Hicks johnhicks at gulfbridge.net
Sat Apr 8 16:41:13 EDT 2017

Hi all.

Our monthly meeting is next Wednesday (April 12, 6:30 p.m. 700 N.
Hurstbourne Pkwy. etc.)

Time to discuss topics for the meeting.

A couple of topics have been rolling around in my head lately:

-- With all the brouhaha over internet privacy of late, there's been a
lot of talk about using VPNs for more privacy. That should be a pretty
straight-forward service to set up under Linux, but I've never done it.
And I'd like to learn how.

There are probably some other privacy-related topics we could cover too.
HTTPS-everywhere, encryption in general, encrypted email, alternate DNS
services, etc.

-- Bitcoin has been around for a while now and isn't going away. And we
sometimes hear about possible Bitcoin alternatives. More and more
lately, we hear about the use of the blockchain (a core part of Bitcoin)
being used for other purposes. I'd like to learn more about all this.

Anyone experienced in any of the above subjects that wants to help guide us?

Any other "topical" topics we might want to cover?

Your input welcomed.

Thanks,

- John