[KyOSS Discuss] Updating http://kyoss.org/, thoughts on servers and content

Barton Chittenden bartonski at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 14:32:37 EDT 2019

Hey all,

I just went to kyoss.org, and found that it's *terribly* out of date -- It
still has links to MossCon, and shows us as meeting at LVL1.

Thoughts on content and services provided by kyoss

I think that would be really helpful would be a listing of which businesses
here in Louisville use Linux, and how they're using it (without breaking
anyone's NDAs of course) -- having recently been unemployed (a situation
that I've just remedied), knowing where to target my resumes would have
been very helpful.

It would be cool for KyOSS to have a virtual computer lab -- I'm thinking
about a modest sized hosted server that KyOSS members would have ssh access
to, and perhaps email accounts on. This could be handy for hands-on
workshops and could give members system administration experience.

--Barton